Sunday, April 24, 2011

Lentil Socca

My chickpea flour is all gone and with no dried chickpeas in my bulk foods stash (and not really into going through another ear piercingly loud experience), I made lentil flour! I dumped some dried brown lentils that I had into the food processor, turned it on and walked away. Processing the lentils was a way less painful experience, thank goodness.

It did not turn out custard-y like classic soccas do but that easily could be me leaving it in the oven for too long. I also used a spring-form pan this time and it was like magic! Super easy to pop it out so I didn't have to deal with the socca sticking to the bottom of the pan.


Lentil Socca
I am not sure if it is technically a socca since I used a different bean flour than chickpea but that's what I'm callin it anyways.

Ingredients:
1 c lentil flour
1 1/4 c water
1 t salt
any other flavorings and add ins that you choose! (my favorite so far is sliced onions and olives)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400F.
Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
Pour batter into an oiled 10" spring-form pan (ideal) or pie pan.
Bake for 30-45 minutes, until the socca is pretty firm to the touch.

 Toes

2 comments:

  1. this looks great! i wonder why it doesn't stick like garbanzo flour socca. it must be the lentils!

    ReplyDelete