Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Red Cabbage Call Out

I have a beautiful red cabbage just chillin in my fridge, calling out my name but being my oh so indecisive self... I can't decide what to do with it!
My grandma used to make this epic sweet and sour cooked red cabbage and apple dish but I am also semi-interested in trying to find a coleslaw recipe that actually tickles my fancy (most coleslaw dishes are gross in my opinion AKA over laden with mayonnaise...) or using the big cabbage leaves as some sort of burrito-esque tortilla and making a cabbage wrap of some sorts.

Oh decisions decisions...

ANYWAYS if anyone has an opinion or good recipe, I would love to hear it!

1 comment:

  1. I like red cabbage raw. I like your cabbage burrito idea. or a raw red cabbage slaw could work.

    http://www.thegluttonousvegan.com/2010/01/raw-red-cabbage-slaw-wake-up-mouth-i.html

    I like any kind of Asian dressing. with almonds green onions and sesame oil, little agave, soy sauce. I found this recipe. Asian Slaw with miso wasabe dressing.
    http://www.thisdishisvegetarian.com/2010/07/no-meat-zone-recipes-asian-slaw-with.html

    ReplyDelete