Monday, November 1, 2010

Roasted Eggplant

Yesterday was a bit of a fridge clean out for me. I keep adding new veggies to my Crisper drawer, ultimately hiding past purchases. One discovery of this sort was 3 eggplants from a farmer's market past. Knowing that I typically get lost in the internet while looking up recipes (those gosh darn links get me every time...) I resorted to the simplest and most familiar cooking method to me thanks to repeated baba ghanouj escapades; roasting!

Roasted Eggplant

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425F
Cut top off of eggplant and in half length-wise.
Prick eggplant with a fork if using larger eggplant.
Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Brush foil with oil and place eggplant onto sheet, cut side down.
Cook until eggplant starts to collapse, around 25 minutes.
Remove seeds (I don't do this but the internet tells me otherwise).
Scoop flesh out of skins and use as you wish!

I typically just mix eggplant with salt, pepper, garlic granules, and random herbs but here are some more complicated recipes that look pretty darn good:
Italian Eggplant Stacks (also not vegan)

No comments:

Post a Comment