Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Drink your greens.

As I said yesterday, when I know I have a stressful week coming (i.e. midterms and a mondo paper), I stuff myself with vegetables. Here's another (sneaky) way to do just that!

The combination of the pink raspberries and green chard creates
a lovely chocolate hue... that looks nothing like pond scum...

Chocolate Raspberry (and Greens) Smoothie
Don't limit yourself to what I did. The idea is to drink your greens so add whatever else you like after that initial ingredient! The chocolate raspberry mixture is delicious but don't be afraid to experiment with other fruits, no fruits, nut milks, nut butters...

Ingredients:
2 bunches greens of your choice (I used rainbow chard)
2 handfuls of frozen raspberries (or blueberries, strawberries, rasberries...)
a heaping spoonful or two of unsweetened cocoa powder
optional: natural sweetener of choice (honey, maple syrup, stevia...)
water (or juice or non-dairy milk of choice)

Directions:
Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Add enough water to achieve desired consistency.
Drink your greens and cheers to your health!

1 comment:

  1. I make this all the time! Usually with strawberries and kale and/or spinach. So good. My mom thought I was ridiculous when I did it at home.

    ReplyDelete