Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Herbal Ice Cubes

This is a project I did back in October! Not sure why I haven't posted it yet but as I clear away the cobwebs of blog drafts, here it is!

How to make herbal ice cubes
What you need:
Lots of (local, organic) herbs
An ice cube tray




 Dill
 Sage
 Parsley
 Rosemary
 Mint

Directions:
Prepare (i.e. separate leaves from stems) and wash the herbs.
Pulse herbs in a food processor or blender.
Add enough olive oil or water until the herbs and liquids blend together well.
Plop spoonfuls of herb mixtures into ice cube trays and freeze.

Once herb cubes are frozen solid, pop them out and store them in a zip lock bag in the freezer.
LABEL THE BAGS. This is a step that I forgot to do and I am regretting it; all the cubes look the same!

I am so so happy that I did this, I can just thaw out a cube and have fresh parsley, mint, and rosemary in anything that I cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment