Thursday, December 16, 2010

Spiced Pumpkin Butter

Like the ornamental touches? It's all for you baby, alllll for you.


Spiced Pumpkin Butter
This spread will make anything sweet and winter-y! Enjoy on a sweet breakfast bread or, like me, in a spiced black tea (Winter Magic from TeaHaus).

Ingredients:
2 c pumpkin puree
1 c sweetener (I used 1/2 c MI maple syrup and 1/2 c MI beet sugar)
2 t ground ginger
2 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1/2 t ground cloves


Directions:
Bring pumpkin and sweetener to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring constantly.*
Add spices and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.

*Stirring constantly is important because you don't want the mixture to burn!

1 comment:

  1. so cute. you inspired me to go get little mason jars today. I think I am going to make your cranberry chutney for hostess gifts.

    ReplyDelete